Inspired with a TWIST

>> Friday, August 13, 2010

While perusing today I found this post over on Cozy.Cottage.Cute. She was inspired by these two blogs Sixty-Fifth Avenue and The Year of Story to make this beautiful butterfly picture. I love all three versions of this cute idea, unfortunately I do not have the butterfly punch.

Sad!!

Now I contemplated running out and buying it, but I am trying very hard NOT to add anymore to my craft room. So...

I thought about how I could make something a little like this myself. I decided to stick with my goal of using paper scraps that I have held onto with hopes of someday finding a purpose for them.

I grabbed everything that I thought would look a bit boyish once I started cutting.



I used my cricket to cut the alphabet in capital letters, one of each. Then I placed the letters on a sheet of 8x10 paper. Because each letter took up a different amount of space and because there is not an easy division of 26 letters, I came up with putting the "Z" on the last line by itself and adding the last lines to the ABC song.



I think it turned out really cute and now I just need a cute frame to put it in.





Oh and I need some place to put it. I made it for fun with no real idea for where it might go. It would be really cute in a little baby boys room. Maybe?? What do you think??

I think I will try it with some girly paper next.

Thanks for the inpiration girls.

1 comments:

Terri August 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Very cute...way to change it up!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP