Great Mail Day

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I admit wholeheartedly that there are times when I go a week without getting my mail. See when your mail is under lock and key there is no worry that it will disappear. And add to that the fact that most of what is in my mail box is bills and junk mail...there really isn't anything that anyone would be dying to get their hands on anyways.

Mondays are the only day of the week that I have to get the mail. Every Monday afternoon my hubby is chomping at the bit to see the ads for competitors and Monday is ad day. So, since I had forgot he went to the mailbox when he got home last night...

AND...

It was a great mail day!!

Only one bill. Yippie!!

Oh and my Tannei Casey bag came. And OMG is it ever cute!!! I am in love!! It is so well made and SOOO cute. Although it was a something that I won, I would most definitely buy another one. Christmas list perhaps??

What do you think?? Isn't she cute?? And yes I have already switched purses.




And as if getting my purse wasn't enough, I also got the book I ordered from Amazon. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. My real estate agent had recommended it a while back and then I read this post by Thrifty Decor Chick and knew I needed this book. My story is completely different, but no matter what the story I didn't figure it could hurt to read this book.

I will let you know the verdict once I finish it. Oh and if I can convince my hubby to read it also.

3 comments:

Unknown August 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

Love, love, love the purse!

Dave Ramsey is the plan that we are following to get rid of our debt. We think that will get it all gone in about 24 more months...that's 24 months of being VERY frugal, but it will be worth it when we are DEBT FREE in the end! (We just don't do the cash envelope system he has.)

Hopefully it will work for you guys!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block August 18, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

YAY! You got your purse! I love mine -- it's just like yours but a different pattern -- I LOVE the one you chose! :) And I've been wanting to read that book too -- maybe it's time to order it. :)

Jana September 16, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

YES Melissa! I love Dave Ramsey, too. We are following his plan (most days:-)). It's nice to have someone tell you exactly what to do every once in a while, although I like to be the one telling people what to do most days...So fun to get all caught up on your pages!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP