Gone, but not forgotten...

>> Sunday, December 5, 2010

Having a crafty blog has an enormous amount of pressure that comes along with it. A good kind of pressure, but pressure none the less. If there is anyone that actually has stuck around, I have not stopped crafting I have just been a bad blogger. My plate has been 100% full the last month, but I am happy to report that I am back.

And...

I even have something to share.

A few months ago I picked up this little find at the goodwill for $3.99.





I am not entirely sure what it's intended purpose was, but after staring at it for a while and perusing other crafty blogs I decided what I wanted to do with it.

With two toddlers I thought it would be perfect for a Christmas countdown. I had actually seen a Halloween version (I would love to link back to that blog, but I have know idea where I saw it...apologies) and thought it was a very cute idea.

I picked up the little Merry Christmas sign at Hobby Lobby for $4.99. I used some good ol' E6000 and glued it to the top, taped off the back piece and painted half chalkboard, cut out some vinyl lettering with some scraps of vinyl and....voila!!




8 comments:

Terri December 6, 2010 at 4:33 AM  

Yay...so glad you finally posted something new! Love what you did with this!

Connie December 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

That is adorable. Way to find a purpose for a GW find.

Janet December 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

I'm visiting from the Holiday Home party at Centsational Girl, you're countdown calender drew me in. :) I love what you did with your thrift find! Great job!

Southern Fried Gal December 7, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Super cute idea! What a lucky find!

Anonymous,  December 8, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

Very cute, what did you use to create the back?

Amy @ Journey Mum December 8, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Ok, I am so curious as to what that things intended purpose was! I love what you've done with it. Are planning on reusing it for other things throughout the year?

Susan December 11, 2010 at 5:09 AM  

I love it!! It's beautiful and so creative!!

Anonymous,  April 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM  

Very good article. I certainly love this website.

Keep it up!

Stop by my web-site ... how much should i weigh for my height and age

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP