My Take On The Chart

>> Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For some reason I have had the hardest time committing to a "Chore" chart for the kids.  Please do not ask me why because I have no answer.  I didn't LOVE anything that I tried.

I bought this Melissa and Doug Chore Chart at a garage sale for only $5 (good deal) and guess what...It will be in my garage sale on Saturday.  I decided that it was too...kiddish!  I know, I know...they are kids, but remember...I have to look at it and I wanted something more esthetically pleasing.  This was not doing it for me!!


I found this over at A Spotted Pony.  I loved it!!  I went to the Goodwill...found two matching baking sheets...spray painted them...and then decided I wasn't a fan.  I just didn't have the perfect spot I guess.


So after I hemmed and hawed...pushed the project to the back burner...I finally made a decision.

This is what I came up with.



I used my most favorite thing these days...My Cameo...and cut vinyl for my refrigerator.  I made bottle cap magnets (also with my silhouette) and Voila!!  Can you believe the kids were super excited to see what their chores would be this morning?


Although the chores are not meant to be a choice...I added $$ amount to each chore as an incentive.  My kids love getting money!!  Most of the chores are pretty simple as my munchkins are only 7 and 4.  I plan to put at least one bottle cap chore under their name each day.  We shall see how it goes!!  It turned out to be a pretty simple little project and if at any point I change my mind all I have to do is rip the vinyl off.

2 comments:

Terri February 14, 2013 at 5:01 AM  

Love this idea...how long do you think it will be before the excitement wears off, lol?!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP