Crafting to Save Money

>> Friday, February 8, 2013



One of my goals for 2013 and just the future in general is to spend more time crafting and therefor posting more to this blog I created for said crafts.

In early January I started what I call Project PURGE.  You can check it out, but basically a simple DE-clutter my life project one space at a time.  My craft room always seems to land in the top 3 for cluttered spaces.  I think it is only natural, but there seems to be a fine line between clutter and chaos in this particular space.  A mess means I am actually crafting, but that mess can quickly turn into chaos which keeps me at bay. 

I am not sure what it is about people who craft and their ability to justify keeping every little scrap of crap.  You just never know when you might need that 4" piece of ribbon!  Anyway, I am NO different and it is those scraps that have started to take up space.

Enter my money saving/crafting project all in one.

If there is one thing I always seem to need, but rarely want to go spend money on it is cards.  Birthdays, Thank You's...you name it and a card is needed for it.  I started making cards after my mom started and then for some unknown reason...probably hair bows...I stopped.

Last night I took a break from my little purging project and made a card and before I knew it I had made 7.  The best part....I used only stuff in my "scrap" pile!!!


I won't be entering my cards in any contest, but they will serve the needs of any occasion.  Crafting and saving money all at the same time.  And thanks to my moms bestie Karolyn I have cute new Stampin' Up Sentiments to play with.

Honestly...I forgot how much I love to paper craft!!

1 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy February 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM  

Hahaha!! Your mom told me about this today - good work, cute girl!! I brought a shitload of other crafty stuff to your mom's today, so there will be more goodies for you to go through and add to your new found love of paper crafting!!! P.S. I recently came into a little money (thanks to your amazing mother!) - we need to go play BINGO before we can't anymore . . . if you know what I mean!! See you on Saturday! XOXO

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP