Our Halloween DIY Costumes

>> Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The last four years my wonderful mother made the kids' Halloween costumes.  Although I am 99% positive she still would have made them this year I decided to try and tackle most of it on my own.

This years theme...Cat In The Hat!!


I purchased plain CHEAP t-shirts, puffy fabric paint and a black fabric marker at Hobby Lobby for my Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes.



As with most projects these days I found an image on the web and used it in my CAMEO software to make my stencils for the shirts.  Thankfully Thing 1 and Thing 2 logos are not perfect, so the puffy paint worked great.  After it had dried I went around it with my black fabric marker.

My only real expense with these two costumes was the wig.  I planned to spend the bulk of my money on these wigs...$20 each, but SO WORTH IT!!

My cute little Cat In The Hat costume was comprised of Carter's black turtleneck onesie and black leggings.  I loosely sewed on the felt belly, so if I wanted I could take it off and reuse the clothes.  My wonderful mom made the bow tie and hat headband.  Both made using felt. 

I whipped up a simple tutu and used leg warmers we already had to "girlie" up my Thing 2!!

Seriously super simple costumes this year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP